Glad that the warm summer weather is here? So are we! With warmer weather comes more opportunities to get outside and enjoy the beautiful Texas sunshine. Whether you’re looking for a fun activity, a new place to explore, or a restaurant to try, we’ve got you covered. Check out some of our favorite summer activities in Houston.
If you’re looking to enjoy the great outdoors, why not try one of these?
- Houston Zoo: This 55-acre zoo offers a chance to see over 6,000 animals, with exhibits including elephants, sea lions, a children’s zoo, and much more! Ticket prices vary.
- USS Texas: This magnificent piece of American history is docked in the Houston Ship Channel. The adjoining park has picnic tables, as well as a picnic pavilion at the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site. Free admission to the park; tickets required for ship tours. Be sure to bring bug spray!
- Wet’N’Wild SplashTown: If you want to be outside, but don’t want to get too hot, try a waterpark! SplashTown offers a wide variety of rides, as well as food and beverages. Ticket prices vary.
Prefer to stay inside climate-controlled buildings? We’ve got you covered!
- Space Center Houston: If you like science, space travel, history, or a mixture of all three, try the Space Center. Learn about what it’s like to be an astronaut, see their collection of more than 400 items in the museum, and visit some of their traveling exhibits. It’s the perfect way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing! Ticket prices vary.
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston: Located in the museum district, this non-collecting museum offers an interesting blend of artwork on two floors of gallery space. Free admission.
- Downtown Aquarium: Built-in what used to be an old fire station and a waterworks building, this aquarium has over 200 different species and over 500,000 gallons of water in use. In addition to marine wildlife, the aquarium also offers fine dining and shopping, as well as other types of entertainment. Ticket prices vary.
Looking for a new restaurant to try? We have a few we think you might like.
- Mezza Grille: This restaurant has good reviews for a reason. They’ve been listed as one of the top restaurants in the city for a while, and they offer an excellent selection of steaks, seafood, and wine.
- The Original Marini’s Empanada House: This family-owned restaurant offers a wide and varied range of empanadas at reasonable prices. Trust the reviews — these are the best!
- Pappas Bros. Steakhouse: This is listed as the top restaurant in Houston, and thousands of people sing their praises. If you’re looking for an elegant dinner out, Pappas Bros. is a fabulous choice.
Find More Summer Activities in Houston
Regardless of how you chose to spend your free time, you’ll have an elegant, friendly, and welcoming home at Lincoln Medical Center! Any questions about other summer activities in Hou